Directory of Clubs and Venues

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Directory of Clubs and Venues

Postby East Coast Outlaw » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Would it be possible to have a directory of clubs and venues by county with Email, web, phone, address and open nights, type of club etc please.

There are so many out of date sources for this info that it is confusing trying to find new places to visit

Thanks
"Any Merle Haggard fans in tonite.........well we don't do him...........Of Course we do" (GENTLEMAN GEORGE MOODY)
East Coast Outlaw

Club Listings

Postby NewtoCountry » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:24 am

Morning East Coast Outlaw
Not to say that the forum wouldn't do it, but I have subscribed to three magazines (more soon) which have huge sections of clubs throughout the uk. Southern Country, Cross Country and have just subscribed to Country Routes. Each have sections of clubs, contacts and phone numbers, under the names of the clubs and dates of event and artists playing. I know there are more magazines available. I found Country Routes for the North very detailed as to what type of club, ie dancing, listening, can you take caravans etc.etc. very detailed. Also you get the chance to have a good read-up of all the past events, forhtcoming tours, festivals etc. Worthwhile investment.
However, i have found many of the smaller clubs do not have web pages or email contact, it's all by phone or turning up.
If you go to the Home page on this site, you will find listings for clubs, bands, magazines, etc.
Hope that helps.
NewtoCountry

Postby Lone Wolf » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:28 pm

I think the directories of all types on the British Country music site should be deleted say every 2 years, then artists etc would have to re subscribe so then it would be reasonably up to date,
Lone Wolf

Return to Forum Requests