C2C 2019

This is the place to discuss Country Music that is NOT specific to the UK

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

PeterJD
Supreme Member

Re: C2C 2019

Post by PeterJD » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:12 am

Thats a very poor lineup. I am not adverse to material by all on the main bill, but wouldnt really go and see the majority if they were on my doorstep. The smaller stages is amongst the worst I can recall. A glance indicates very little country and a whole lot of people who describe themselves as anything other than country. Be interesting to see if this is the year that people say they have had enough of this festival.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.

CRoutes

Post by CRoutes » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:44 pm

Bluebird Café at C2C returns for the fourth consecutive year at London’s Country To Country Festival.
More names added to Festival lineups, New stages (The Icon Outlet Stage), C2C sessions (The Loft) and special cinema screenings all confirmed
BLOG POST

Visit Country Routes News Blog (News on Indes/ Mainstream/ Charts/ UK News & Live Gig & Concert dates) https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.co.uk/

CRoutes

Post by CRoutes » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:21 am

Whose going to the Festival this year?

What will you eat, where will you stay, what will you wear............ :roll: C2C2020 repeat

PLAN YOUR 3-DAY C2C Country to Country Festival 2019 (Day Splits/Artists)
Find out who is appearing each day and on what Stages with a Fri - Sunday Timeline - BLOG POST

Visit Country Routes News Blog (News on Indes/ Mainstream/ Charts/ UK News & Live Gig & Concert dates) https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.co.uk/

Moshe
Ultimate Member

Post by Moshe » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Thanks for the link as to the free stages ect, Livewirer. I looked on the C"C site but only saw main Arena events. I am at work today & only have tomorrow off, so thought I might pop up to see some of the Free & other stage events. Though there are a couple I'd be interested in- would like to see Runaway June & a couple of others- the thought of the crowds & waiting around in ques put me off! As I only have one day off this week, I thought I'll just chill out instead.
One of the things I did used to enjoy at C2C was Bob Harris' Under the maple tree or whatever, but that was not on last year nor this. Shame, that.

Talking of festivals, I had been thingking of going north for Summertyne this year, but it is already March & the only act they have lined up is kd lang! Can't they get acts?
I have a couple of other music events I'll be travelling for, so I think I'll give Summertyne a miss. Shame, though!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)

foot-tapper
Supreme Member

Post by foot-tapper » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:09 pm

Try the Maverick Festival in Suffolk Country Americana Mix Friday night and all dat Saturday and a Gospel thing on Sunday morning. Been 4 times great event in a small Country Farm Park Museum. Sometime in July. Actual met Roger Humphries and John Stannard there a few years ago

https://maverickfestival.co.uk
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination

Moshe
Ultimate Member

Post by Moshe » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:01 pm

foot-tapper wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:09 pm
Try the Maverick Festival in Suffolk Country Americana Mix Friday night and all dat Saturday and a Gospel thing on Sunday morning. Been 4 times great event in a small Country Farm Park Museum. Sometime in July. Actual met Roger Humphries and John Stannard there a few years ago

Is it baccesible by public transport?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)

Smudger
Supreme Member

Post by Smudger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Some of the lineup for the Long Road Festival at Stanford Hall, Leicestershire on 6 - 8 September has been announced. Includes Asleep at the Wheel, Josh Turner, Sam Outlaw and the Cactus Blossoms. Not bad so far.........

Smudger
Supreme Member

Post by Smudger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 pm

kev
Ultimate Member

Post by kev » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:48 am

Smudger wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 pm
Not bad! I like Josh Turner, can't remember him being in the UK before. Asleep at the Wheel? Excellent! Gotta hope a) it's the whole band and not just Ray Benson and fiddle player, and b) they play some dates elsewhere!

foot-tapper
Supreme Member

Post by foot-tapper » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Moshe wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:01 pm
foot-tapper wrote:

From there website The nearest railway stations are WICKHAM MARKET (7 minutes), MELTON (11 minutes) and WOODBRIDGE (15 minutes).
These are all stops on the connecting service which you join at IPSWICH when travelling from LONDON LIVERPOOL STREET.
Train times can be found at www.nationalrail.co.uk.
You will need to arrange transport from the station to the festival site. Local taxis are limited, so we suggest you book them well in advance and not on the day of travel. Woodbridge is the biggest town but also the furthest away. Search for local taxi firms online as they come and go. (No pun intended!)
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination

Moshe
Ultimate Member

Post by Moshe » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:05 pm

foot-tapper wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm
Moshe wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:01 pm
foot-tapper wrote:

From there website The nearest railway stations are WICKHAM MARKET (7 minutes), MELTON (11 minutes) and WOODBRIDGE (15 minutes).
These are all stops on the connecting service which you join at IPSWICH when travelling from LONDON LIVERPOOL STREET.
Train times can be found at www.nationalrail.co.uk.
You will need to arrange transport from the station to the festival site. Local taxis are limited, so we suggest you book them well in advance and not on the day of travel. Woodbridge is the biggest town but also the furthest away. Search for local taxi firms online as they come and go. (No pun intended!)
I'll probably give it a miss. Trouble with out door thinbgs in the UK is the weather.
Mind you, I am going to check out the Wessex Folk Festival this summer, but that is all around Weymouth Harbour & not somewhere in a field.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)

CRoutes

Post by CRoutes » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:21 am

Country 2 Country 2019 Highlights & #C2C2019 THE REVIEWS are in!

Find out what the Fans & Media (BBC, Building Our Own Nashville,Entertainment Focus, Evening Standard, Lyric Magazine, Music Week, Rollingstone) thought about all the O2 Arena acts. - BLOG POST