Americana 2016

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Americana 2016

Postby lo&m » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:26 pm

The flyer from the Americana festival arrived this week.
For the first time in over 20 years I don't know if I want to go or not. It used to be a sure thing, the highlight of my musical year but I can't escape the feeling that as an attraction, it's best days were 5 to 10 years ago. Got to say, this lineup doesn't inspire the same sort of giddy enthusiasm I used to feel on having the flyer drop through the letterbox.
But don't let me influence you, tell us what you think. Does it float your boat?
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Re: Americana 2016

Postby Moshe » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:43 am

Not a major name in that lot.
I have never been, but I was tempted some years back, but certainly their list of acts is hardly a draw.

My big musical event of the year is the C2C fest. After a pretty poor line up this year, next year seems a lot better. I have tickets for Saturday & Sunday. £170, before drinks & food & so on.
Oh, well. But I think the 2016 line up is reasonably varied.
I was tempted by the Tyneside Americana festival this year, but when I checked out the prices I was put off.
Anyone been to that?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Re: Americana 2016

Postby Smudger » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:37 pm

I only went to Americana once, specifically to see Danni Leigh but she wasn't very well at the time and left the stage after only one song! I did get to see her eventually though, at the South Will Rise Again - that was a good festival while it lasted.
Smudger

Supreme Member

Return to Saloon